Preventable Surprises is delighted to launch the Corporate Lobbying Alignment Project. This new applied research and engagement project will work to make corporate political capture a central component of investors’ approach to ESG stewardship and integration. It will leverage information on the state of play for key sectors and share lessons learned from past investor engagements. Through research interviews and a series of events, we will engage with the global investment community to help prioritise areas for action.
- Check out our launch blog and monitor this page for updates.
- Read our third discussion note on the fossil fuels sector, its summary blog., or CLAP Research Lead Hamish Stewart’s latest Op-Ed in Environmental Finance (subscription required).
- Read our second discussion note on the healthcare sector or its summary blog.
- Read our first discussion note on the transportation sector or its short summary blog.
Upcoming CLAP sector topics and online conversation dates are below. Register your interest in joining the roundtables here.
- Fossil fuels (Thursday, 29 October 2020)
- Power utilities (Thursday, 19 November 2020)
- Materials – petrochemicals & agrochemicals (Thursday, 10 December 2020)
- Finance (Thursday, 21 January 2021)
- Financial regulators & policymakers (Thursday, 25 February 2021)
- Final Online Dialogue & index launch (Dates TBC, March 2021)
We welcome engagement and feedback. Please get in touch with your comments on how investors can better address corporate political capture and to learn more at: research at preventablesurprises dot com
The Corporate Lobbying Alignment Project is generously supported by the Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust.