Part 1: Why did some fund managers vote against the Exxon/Chevron climate resolutions?

| 26 September 2016
Media Coverage

Prior to the historic Paris Agreement to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions, investors gained support at BP, Shell, Statoil and other companies for resolutions asking them to stress test their portfolios against a scenario where the 2°C goal is achieved. These measures passed with nearly 100% investor support, feeding hopes that the Paris accord would inspire continued success this year. Yet similar measures failed at Chevron and Exxon, attracting roughly 40% in favour. Where did the other 60% of voters go? Full article here.